I am a Licensed Mental Health Counselor practicing in the lower Queen Anne neighborhood of Seattle, Washington. If you are reading this webpage, you are probably seeking to change, or come to terms with, something in your life. I have designed this website to help you decide if I might be a good facilitator for that work. This page contains information about my services. For information about me and my therapeutic approach, please see the About page.
- mental health counseling services (sometimes called “therapy” or “psychotherapy”) for individual adults
- couples counseling for couples in conflict, couples seeking to address specific relationship problems, and couples wishing to enhance their relationships
- grief counseling, trauma counseling, and treatment for people suffering from anxiety or depression, as well as for those working through identity issues, life transitions, or a variety of other problems
- counseling for people adjusting to, or coming to terms with, physical disability, sensory disability, chronic illness, life-threatening illness, or terminal illness
- counseling for family members of people with disabilities and/or illnesses, such as those needing help with caregiver stress
If, after reading this website, you think I might be a good match for you, please use the contact information to get in touch. I look forward to hearing from you. – Wendy E. Smith, MA, LMHC
Wendy Smith Counseling, PLLC, Seattle WA, is located in Seattle’s Queen Anne neighborhood. Wendy is a Seattle counselor and therapist offering mental health counseling services for individual adults, including for people coming to terms with physical disability, sensory disability, chronic illness, life-threatening illness, or terminal illness, and for their family members and caregivers. With individuals, Wendy uses Emotion-Focused Therapy, existential therapy, mindfulness-based therapy, somatic interventions, grief counseling, trauma counseling, and other techniques (as appropriate to the specific person). As a Certified Emotionally Focused Couples Therapist, Wendy counsels couples primarily using Emotionally Focused Therapy.
Wendy works with clients with such conditions as: chronic pain, arthritis, cancer, diabetes, HIV, AIDS, Multiple Sclerosis (MS), Crohn’s Disease, Lupus, Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Lyme Disease, Cerebral Palsy, Muscular Dystrophy, Parkinson’s Disease, Epilepsy, spinal cord injury, paralysis, amputation, stroke-related symptoms, Post-Polio Syndrome, ALS, dizziness, visual impairments, Macular Degeneration, Retinitis Pigmentosa, blindness, and other disabilities and illnesses. She can help crime victims, accident victims, and Veterans who acquired disabilities through war.
Wendy is listed on a number of counselor/ therapist referral sites, including Counseling Seattle.